Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Archangel's Storm by Nalini Singh



Finally got my hands on this book! I love the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh, and this book is the 5th book in it.

We finally get Jason's story! Jason is Raphael's spymaster and he always stays in the shadows. I actually thought the book would be called Archangel's Shadow, but Storm is okay too. 

I love Jason in this book. He's just like how Nalini described him to be in the past books in the series. I wasn't a big fan of Dmitri's book because it just didn't do Dmitri's character justice. Here, Jason is the emotionless and straightforward spymaster that has volunteered to help solve the murder of Neha's consort. He agrees to have a blood bond with Mayiha, Neha's consort's daughter. Mayiha is not Neha's daughter, she is the daughter of Neha's sister. Neha's daughter was killed because she tried to kill Elena in the earlier book (I think it was the 2nd or 3rd book). 

I thought I would hate Mayiha because she was weak, but I love her character because she might be weak physically, but mentally she's tough. She's definitely Jason's other half, and she understands him more than anyone else. They pretty much complete one another. I loved their interaction with one another right from the start. It wasn't an easy relationship, but it usually starts out like that anyways.
Dmitri and Honor appeared frequently in the novel, and Honor had to make a big decision concerning her relationship with Dmitri. I was still disappointed with Dmitri's book, but it was great having them back. Elena and Raphael also make brief appearances, but I heard the next book was going to be in their POVs so I'm good.

The verdict: Great book. Great plot. Great conflict. I love the whole idea of Jason having to work at another archangel's territory. It made the whole place seem dangerous and untrustworthy. I literally was like going through each person and thinking is he/she the killer?! I was going insane, and when I finally realized who it was, I was surprised (in a good way). The relationship between Jason & Mayiha definitely rivaled that of Raphael & Elena, but I think I still love Raphael & Elena more.

Can't wait for Aodhan, Illium, and Venom. They're my favorites and I definitely know that their books have to be great! (I think I know who Venom might end up with though...)