Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Vampires in America Series by D.B. Reynolds



This series consists of 6 books so far, but my favorites are Raphael (1), Jabril (2), and Sophia (4). They’re my favorites because I love the story between Raphael and Cynthia. Raphael is this powerful vampire lord who has lived for thousands of years, while Cynthia is just this ordinary but beautiful human cop/private investigator. They first met when Raphael needed help locating his sister Alexandra who was kidnapped by fellow vampires. Raphael became captivated by Cynthia and they hit it off.
However, Raphael fears that his desire for Cynthia will never end and so he leaves her after she helps find Alexandra. Cynthia is heartbroken and so she tries to move on in book 2 (Jabril). It is also a good book because this shows how Cynthia and Raphael deal with their relationship and if they are going to continue it.
Book 4, Sophia, is one of the best books I’ve read so far. It shows how Raphael and Cynthia have changed since Jabril, and I would say more things but then I might ruin the story for you…
The verdict: Read this series! It’s not a very popular series, but it is a good series.