Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Lothaire by Kresley Cole



This is the 12th book in Kresley Cole's popular series Immortals After Dark. I'm a huge fan of Kresley Cole and the Immortals After Dark series so I was definitely excited to read this book!
The book started out slow because Lothaire's past was being introduced and the readers also had to know about how Elizabeth ended up as the "host" for Lothaire's Bride (Vampires' mates are known as brides).

At first I had a hard time reading the book because the introduction was slow and a tad boring. However, once I finally got to know Lothaire and Elizabeth, the story became interesting and I couldn't stop myself from finding out what happens next.

We've seen glimpses of Lothaire throughout the series and I've always thought of him as a great character. Elizabeth definitely fits him perfectly because she defies Lothaire at every turn, a perfect trait for a queen. We find out how Lothaire got his red eyes and why he desperately wants to become king. We also realize that Lothaire isn't really a villain, he's a hero in his own ways too. 

I definitely recommend this book. It has humor, romance, action, mystery, and everything. The plot was predictable (with the whole Lothaire thinking Elizabeth wasn't his bride). At first, I hated Lothaire because of his actions, but then we see a real sweetheart after we get to know him better. 

The next book is titled MacRieve and I believe it releases on July 2, 2013.