Sunday, January 13, 2013

Crash



Okay, so I was just browsing Goodreads.com for some good books to read over the weekend (Thanks to those who made those awesome lists of books that make it easier to find awesome books). So, I stumbled upon this series. At first, I admit that I did judge a book by its cover, especially since I'm a sports fan but not a ballet one. Anyways, I forced myself to read Crash because so many people had awesome reviews and comments about the series.

Amazingly, it turned out that I didn't have to force myself to read these books. They made me want to read them; I wanted to read about their lives, read about their fights, read about the ending, etc. I loved the characters in the story even though there were many times when I wanted to slam both their heads against a wall or door. 

I really liked the whole idea of the story. Girl meets boy. Boy turns out to be a bad boy. Girl doesn't care. Boy wants the girl to leave and forget about him. Girl still doesn't care and she loves ballet. Boy turns out to be the sweetest guy ever. Girl falls for the bad boy. BUT of course things aren't going to be that easy. My summary of it makes the story seem cheesy and predictable, but it actually wasn't. In the second book I wasn't even sure if things were ever going to be okay anymore.
But I'll just tell you guys about the characters. 

Lucy is your typical heroine. She's pretty, a bit insecure, she loves ballet/dancing, and she has family problems. Her brother was killed 5 years ago, and she still hasn't forgiven herself. Her parents haven't been the same since. Life hasn't been easy on her. Then there's Jude (Hey Jude). Jude is your typical bad boy hero. He has no one. He lives in the boys' home and he lives with boys who are prone to violence. He is also a playboy who doesn't date nor has he ever had a girlfriend. His mother abandoned him and his father is in jail. The series just shows that not all relationships have it easy. You have the good times and the bad times, and you just have to take both in stride. Even if you feel like giving up, just know that someone is there who loves you with all of his/her heart and would take you back in a second, and also know that no matter what life throws at you, you just have to keep going because you never know where life might take you. The person who you think is the least likely to be the one meant to be your forever, might just be the one person you need. 

My review really doesn't do it justice. I mean, I'm really picky with the books I read (sometimes) so I think this series was awesome. I also thought that the second book was the last one, but I guess the author decided to add another one which doesn't release until August 23, 2013